ICBA To Host First Future of Banking Symposium
Washington, D.C. (April 28, 2017)—On Monday, May 1, the Independent Community Bankers of America® (ICBA) will host its first-ever Future of Banking Symposium, which will be held in tandem with next week’s ICBA Capital Summit. The Future of Banking Symposium will feature a variety of forward-looking speakers, educational sessions and networking opportunities to provide community bankers with insights into our rapidly changing industry.
“With global telecommunications and computing infrastructures available from a handheld device, the banking industry is undergoing disruption at levels not seen before in our history,” ICBA President and CEO Camden R. Fine said. “Community banks have remade ourselves countless times in the past 200 years, yet we continue to offer locally focused banking services. This evolution will continue as new technologies and new generations of customers present challenges and opportunities.”
ICBA’s Future of Banking Symposium will feature:
- James Rosen, chief Washington correspondent for the FOX News Channel, on what the new administration means for the future of community banking,
- Becki Drahota, CEO of Mills Marketing, on fintechs, millennials and attracting tomorrow’s customers without revolutionizing your organizational structure,
- Bob Legters, chief product officer at FIS, on striking the right balance between financial innovation and cost,
- a panel discussion on balancing fintech innovation and risk with Conference of State Bank Supervisors President and CEO John Ryan, Hunton & Williams Partner Heather Archer Eastep, and Lending Club Head of Regulatory & Government Affairs Richard Neiman, and
- a closing keynote address from NewGround President and CEO Kevin Blair on delivering unexpected customer experiences.
ICBA has engaged in many innovations over the years, from ICBA Bancard® solutions to its partnerships with dozens of service providers to its online education and compliance expertise through Community Banker University®. With approximately 1,200 community banks already participating in some type of fintech partnership through ICBA’s products and services and Preferred Service Providers, ICBA is helping community banks innovate and thrive.
More on the Future of Banking Symposium and ICBA Capital Summit is available on the ICBA website. To register for these events, please contact Aleis Stokes or Nicole Swann.
The Independent Community Bankers of America®, the nation’s voice for more than 5,800 community banks of all sizes and charter types, is dedicated exclusively to representing the interests of the community banking industry and its membership through effective advocacy, best-in-class education and high-quality products and services. For more information, visit ICBA’s website at www.icba.org.
Powered by WPeMatico